Question:
Cud someone suggest a good Latin motto ?
The Alchemist
2006-04-06 13:15:12 UTC
I have to decide the motto of my school house. The color of the house flag is yellow, and the seal has a Griffin.So plz give a latin motto and give the meaning also
Four answers:
indigo
2006-04-06 13:18:43 UTC
tu mataste mi padre. prepara para a morir- you have killed my father, prepare to die.
Nu Jerzey Devil (B)
2006-04-06 13:50:58 UTC
Audiatur et altera pars! - Let us hear the opposite side!

Aut vincere aut mori - Either conquer or die

Vita luna! - Crazy life!

Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam! - I want my rubber ducky!

Dulce bellum inexpertis - War is sweet for those who haven't experienced it. (Pindaros)

Duc, sequere, aut de via decede - Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur - Nobody should be punished for his thoughts

The BEST One: Carpe Cerevisi - Seize the beer!

Canis meus id comedit - My dog ate it

Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior - Our life is short but is made longer by misfortunes. (Publilius Syrus)

Experientia docet stultos - Experience teaches fools

Furnulum pani nolo - I don't want a toaster

Gnothe seauton (Greek) - Know thyself

Huc accedit zambonis! - Here comes the Zamboni!

Prehende uxorem meam, sis! - Take my wife, please!

Pretium iustum est - The Price is Right
alaskangirl
2006-04-06 13:19:48 UTC
Veni Vedi Veci....i came, i saw and i conquered
Imi
2006-04-06 13:28:44 UTC
"Repetitio est mater studiorum", meaning: practice (repetition) is the mother of learning (study).